In compliance with the Federal Law on Protection of Personally Identifiable Information Held by Private Parties, we provide this privacy notice, and inform you about the following:
1. Responsible for the protection of personally Identifiable Information.
SLR Veico de CV (hereinafter “Veico”) residing at Veinte de Noviembre 1015, El Refugio, Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, México, C.P. 45640, is responsible for collecting personally Identifiable Information, the use given to it and its protection.
2. About Veico privacy officer and how to contact him.
Our Privacy Officer is the person within Veico that, pursuant to Article 30 of the Federal Law on Protection of Personally Identifiable Information Held by Private Parties, has been formally designated:
Respond to requests about how to exercise your rights.
Promote and ensure the protection of personally Identifiable Information in our possession.
For everything related to the treatment and protection of personally Identifiable Information, you may contact our privacy officer by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
3. Personal information we collect.
To carry out the purposes outlined in section 4 (four) of this privacy notice, we will gather the following information:
• Identification data: Name, professional title, gender, marital status, RFC, CURP data, driver’s license, passport data, INE ID data.
• Contact: address, phone number, email, website, social networks.
• Commercial / Industrial: Position and company, for which you work, company name, trade name, legal address of the company and details of the legal representative.
• Location: Geographic location in real time.
• Data from third parties: name, relationship and contact third parties to emergencies.
• Biometrics: Fingerprint.
3.1 Personal information of third parties.
For third party personally Identifiable Information you provide, you must first obtain the consent of the data owners and inform them of the site where they can find this privacy notice.
4. Purpose of the personally Identifiable Information collected.
Primary (related to the provision of the service): To provide requested services and prevention of fraud and losses and provide assistance related to the goods, services and contracted products.
Secondary (Marketing Actions): To inform you about changes in products and services, new products and services, the location of our existing branches and new opening. We also use your personally Identifiable Information to evaluate the quality of service, do internal research, offering products, services and promotions via e-mail, mail and phone.
4.1 Refusal to permit the use of your personally Identifiable Information for secondary purposes.
If you do not want that your personally Identifiable Information is processed for secondary purposes mentioned, or some of them, you can refuse consent from now sending your request to our privacy officer, who will indicate the procedure to exercise his right. Your refusal to allow us to use your personally Identifiable Information in this sense, will not be a reason to deny you the services and products contracted from us.
When we obtain personally Identifiable Information indirectly, you will have a term (five) business days to express your refusal to the processing of your personally Identifiable Information for secondary purposes. Otherwise, it is understood that you consent to the processing of your personally Identifiable Information for such purposes, without prejudice if you later decide to exercise your rights of cancellation or opposition in the manner described in paragraphs 6 (six) and 7 (seven) of this privacy notice.
5. Transfer of personally Identifiable Information.
To fulfill the primary purposes outlined in section 4 (four) of this privacy notice, your personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to the following persons or entities without your legal consent as established under Article 37 of the Law Federal Protection of Personally Identifiable Information Held by Private Parties:
• Business partners with whom we have a cooperation agreement and who on our behalf or under their own name provide any of the services you have hired from us.
• Corporate Travel Agents with whom we have agreements to offer our customers products and travel services such as airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, package tours, bus tickets, travel insurance and the like.
• Associations and chambers that bring together companies providing tourist services with which we have reached an agreement to prevent fraudulent credit card transactions.
• Technology and information storage companies that provide Veico computer programs used for reservations, online information backup, car rental processing, and product sales.
• Companies with whom we have a contract signed or to be signed intended to provide you any of the contracted services.
• Authorities, in order to comply with applicable legal provisions and to clarify incidents or exercising any right.
• Doctors, paramedics, health and emergency care providers, if an accident, medical emergency or any health related situation occurs.
• Insurance companies, if an accident occurs.
6. ARCO Rights.
Under the terms of the applicable regulations, you are entitled to know what personally Identifiable Information we hold about you and what we use it for. It is also your right to request correction of personal information if it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete; to remove it from our records or databases when you consider that it is not being properly used; and deny the use of personally Identifiable Information for specific purposes. These rights are known as ARCO rights.
To exercise any of the ARCO rights, you must file an application through an e-mail to our privacy officer (which you can get by clicking here) who will inform you about the procedure and requirements for the exercise of those rights, response times and respond to any questions, complaints or comments you might have.
7. Mechanisms and procedures to revoke your consent.
Under the terms of the applicable regulations, you may revoke the consent previously granted. However, it is important to note that not in all cases will be able to stop using your Personally Identifiable Information immediately, since we may be required by law to keep some of your data.
To revoke your consent you must file an application through an e-mail to our privacy officer (which you can get by clicking here) who will inform you about the procedure and requirements for the exercise of those rights, response times and respond to any questions, complaints or comments you might have.
8. Options to limit the use or disclosure of personally Identifiable Information.
In addition to the procedure and exercise of the rights referred to in paragraphs 6 (six) and 7 (seven) of this privacy notice, you can limit the use or disclosure of personal information as follows:
You can send an email to our Privacy Officer in which requesting to be included in the “List of Advertising Exclusion of Veico” in order that we do not use your personal information for promotional, advertising or marketing purposes.
We inform you that we have electronic technologies (cookies and web beacons) that allow us to collect activity data electronically and simultaneously while you make contact with us through our website: www.veico.mx. The data we collect include:
Information on the type of browser you use, time spent on our site, sections visited, sites visited prior to visiting our site, sites visited after visiting our site and your IP address.
The data collected is not necessary to fulfill the primary obligations outlined in this privacy notice, however, it is of the utmost importance to meet the following objectives:
Send your email information related to our services and products, send advertising related to your tastes and preferences, to convey information about our discounts and packages, offering new products and services based on your preferences.
The collected data will only be used by Veico therefore these data is not subject to national or international transfers. At all times you can disable the use of these technologies, adjusting your web browser preferences.
10. Markers web location and through mobile applications.
If you choose to allow it, our applications and mobile sites may collect location markers (geolocation data) using an integrated or connected GPS. You can adjust the settings of your computer or mobile device to disable geolocation data transmission at any time by updating the configuration of your device.
11. Tracking and satellite tracking of vehicles.
For your own protection, our vehicles may be equipped with satellite tracking systems, Veico use these systems to provide a quicker response in case of accident as well as to locate the vehicle in case of suspected fraud or theft.
At all times you can request deactivation of satellite tracking device at any Veico office or by contacting the Privacy Officer via email.
12-. Right to protection of personally Identifiable Information.
If you believe that your right to protect your personally Identifiable Information have been injured by any conduct of our employees, our actions or responses; or if you presume a violation of the Federal Law on Protection of Personally Identifiable Information Held by Private Parties, you may file a complaint with the IFAI, for more information visit www.ifai.org.mx
13. Changes to privacy notice.
We reserve the right to make changes at any time or update this privacy notice to comply with new legislation, internal policies or new requirements for providing or offering our services or products. These changes will be available to the public through the following means: (i) visible signage at our customer service centers; (Ii) pamphlets or brochures available in our stores or customer service centers; (Iii) on our website veico.mx/privacy, (iv) or we can email it to you upon request.
Last update [4 / October / 2015]